We invite children aged 9-13 to the Creativity Camp! In the camp, we speak Estonian and English.
The camp will take place for three days in the middle of August:
- 17.08 – Henna paintings and making creative things from old newspaper
- 18.08 – Visit to NUKU Museum
- 19.08 – Playing theatre and dancing Arabic dances
In addition, exciting games will be played on all days. Food offered for lunch are made together with children. The camp is carried out by refugees living in Estonia: Celal Yildrim from Turkey, Shereen Belal from Syria and Kashifa Mahmood from Pakistan.
- Time: 17-19 August at 10:00-15:00
- Venue: Siin & Sääl community center, Liivalaia 28, Tallinn
- Fee: 3 days 75 EUR, or 1 day 30 EUR
- Group size: 10-12 children
More information and registering: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +372 5620 410 (Margit Paju)
NB! When registering, please inform us about your child's food allergies.
About the facilitators:
- Celal is from Kars, Turkey, and has been living in Estonia for nearly a year. In one year, he has learned to speak Estonian and has B1 level. He has a computer and math teacher education; in Turkey he worked as a IT-teacher. Celal prepares for B2 language exam and dreams working as a teacher in Estonia.
- Shereen comes from Damascus, Syria. She has been living in Estonia for four years. She has worked with children and adults and taught Arabic in both Syria and Europe, including Estonia. She has volunteered in a number of organisations ensuring the well-being of women and children.
- Kashifa comes from Pakistan and has been living in Estonia for 1,5 years. She has Master's degree in geography and in autumn she will condinue her studies in cyber security. On free time, she likes to do henna paintings and perform various art projects, including newspaper craft.